December 14, 2012 in posts
A new rodenticide found in rat poison can be lethal to your pets and have no antidote. Bromethalin has started to become the drug of choice for many manufacturers. Bromethalin is a neurotoxin that affects the brain and liver. Unlike anticoagulants which can have a 3 – 5 day treatment window before bleeding occurs, Bromethalin signs start 2 – 24 hours after ingestion. Even successful treatment cases require much more hospitalized care. We urge everyone who uses rat poison to be aware of the current changes and keep your pets safe. If your pet ingests poison please contact your veterinarian ASAP!
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net